You are here
Home > General > The Unsolved Puzzle about Kenei’s Death: Father Demands Answers

The Unsolved Puzzle about Kenei’s Death: Father Demands Answers

Sergeant Kenei (Deceased): Photo Courtesy

The pain of losing a son in a controversial circumstance is still fresh in the mind of Sergeant Kenei’s father five months later.

Mr. John Chesang, the father to the slain Administration Police officer Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei, is yet and eager to know who killed his son. Kenei was attached to the office of the deputy president William Ruto Harambee, Annex.

Kipyegon died at the age of 33. His father claimed thave had a dream about him asking the sleuths handling the matter to speed up their investigations so that the family would know what transpired.

“We don’t understand what happened but all we know is that my son never killed himself. He was a vibrant and jovial young man, full of life and with great plans. Whoever killed him will know no peace,” Chesang said Hellonews.

Kenai’s family is calling out the government not to fast-track investigations. In his view, Mr. Chesang feels that the incorporation of the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) would help uncover the suspects.

“If the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) joins hands with the FBI, I believe my son’s killers will be found,” he said.

The Directorate of Criminal Investigation George Kinoti said that the scope of investigations should be widened because the mysterious death occurred at the height of the Sh40 billion fake arms deal case involving former Sports CS Rashid Echesa and three other people, among them an American, who was one of the alleged suppliers of the multi-billion military hardware.

Before Kenei’s death, he had been summoned alongside four other police officers to record a statement over the arms saga.

Reports also emerged that Kenei was on duty on February 13th, when Mr. Echesa accessed the DP’s office and allegedly issued a fake Sh40 billion military arms contract to two foreigners.

Mr. Kenei went missing on February 19th, when he was supposed to accompany his colleagues to the DCI. Unfortunately, his lifeless body was found in his house, with a bullet wound on his head.

Autopsy results revealed that Kenei was killed by a bullet fired from a pistol held to his chin.

Hello News
Hello News shares the latest news first, fast.

Similar Articles

Leave a Reply